Posted November 12, 2021 in News Items
Reports To: President & CEO
Open Date: November 12, 2021
Close Date: Until Filled
Start Date: January 2022
Location: 11327 Shaker Blvd., Suite 600W, Cleveland, OH 44104
The Communications and Marketing Officer works cooperatively with Foundation staff at all levels to coordinate and implement the Foundation’s communications and marketing strategy. The primary function of this role is to serve as the Foundation’s reputation and brand strategist. The Communications and Marketing Officer is responsible for the planning, development, implementation, and management of all internal and external communications, community engagement initiatives, branding initiatives, and event promotions. These outreach activities include the use of social media, website, e-newsletter, news outlets/media, advertising, community engagement, print publications, speeches, videos, etc. The communications and marketing efforts of the Foundation are intended to forge and promote positive relationships and strong partnerships to meet the goals of our grantmaking strategy.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Partner with colleagues throughout the organization in the creation and execution of communications strategies that articulate new areas of impact for the Foundation.
- Oversee, develop and manage newsletters, annual reports, brochures, case statements, and special publications.
- Identify opportunities for the promotion of events and activities that align with the mission, vision and strategy of the Foundation, conducting presentations and cross promotions when appropriate.
- Coordinate and update the websites of the Foundation.
- Directly manage communications activities that promote, enhance, and protect the Foundation’s mission and brand reputation.
- In collaboration with foundation leadership, strengthen brand awareness, brand preference, and brand identity so that grantees, influencers, and other important audiences know, respect, and support the Foundation and can identify ways to partner and engage with the organization.
- Represent SLF in the community in ways that are relevant to advancing the work of the Foundation including committee membership and public speaking engagements.
- Shephard the ideation, development and deployment of an annual marketing and communication plan to ensure the Foundation is reaching target audiences.
- Prepare and distribute press releases as needed, including feature stories and editorials.
- Establish and maintain strong working relationships with media to ensure coverage surrounding the Foundation’s initiatives and public announcements. • Facilitate the Foundation’s role in press conferences, recognition events, award ceremonies, photo opportunities, conferences and other special events
- Develop and release press releases, articles, and other public communications.
- Serve as a spokesperson for the Foundation in the absence of the President and CEO, when appropriate.
- Increase the visibility of the Foundation’s work across key stakeholder audiences.
Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
- Commit to continued learning around principles of diversity, equity and inclusion.
- Engage in Foundation efforts to increase awareness of issues related to equity • Recognize how our commitment to combat racism can impact our work, internally and externally.
- Serve as a collaborative and supportive member of the Saint Luke’s Foundation team.
- Identify learning needs and opportunities in partnership with fellow staff members.
- Support the evaluation of grantmaking efforts by incorporating learnings from the Lift Every Voice community engagement platform and by incorporating the lived experience into grantmaking evaluation.
- Develop and implement systems, processes, and tools to support the facilitation, collection, and sharing of knowledge relating to the Social Determinants of Health, in collaboration with the Program Team.
- Work with all staff to recognize internal and external communications opportunities and solutions, and define and execute appropriate strategies to support them.
- Promote and analyze feedback on the Lift Every Voice community engagement platform, in collaboration with the Senior Grants Manager.
- Work with the President & CEO, all staff, and the Board of Directors to develop, execute and evaluate the organization’s communications strategy, and associated budget to advance the organization’s brand identity; broaden awareness of the Foundation’s funding activity and community-facing efforts.
- Provide staff support to board committees as necessary.
- Participate in budget process in appropriate areas in partnership with the President & CEO and Finance Director.
- Attend quarterly meetings of the board of directors and, when necessary, provide written and verbal presentations to the board regarding communications and marketing efforts.
- Track measurable outcomes and provide quarterly reports to the foundation leadership on progress.
An undergraduate degree in communications, marketing, journalism or related field is required.
- At least three years of relevant work experience required.
- Five years of practical experience in communications and marketing preferred.
- Three years of experience in nonprofit management or philanthropy preferred.
- Knowledge/understanding of community challenges and needs that relate to health equity.
- Excellent interpersonal, presentation, verbal and written communication skills.
- Commitment to flexibility, optimism, sense of humor and drive.
- Strong commitment to principles of diversity, equity and inclusion.
- Strong understanding of racism and poverty.
- Compassion for the underserved in the community.
- Effective in collaboration and teamwork.
Interested applicants please email your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org indicating salary requirements. Starting salary for this position will be commensurate with the selected candidate’s background and experience. The foundation offers a comprehensive benefits package and is an Equal Opportunity Employer.