Who Can Apply?
Applicants must be either an organization designated as a public charity under Section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code, with a non-private foundation status with the IRS, or a governmental unit or agency. The Foundation provides grants to organizations supporting Cuyahoga County’s underserved communities.
The Foundation does not fund:
- Religious organizations for religious or evangelical purposes
- Projects outside Cuyahoga County that do not directly benefit Cuyahoga County residents
- Fundraising events
- Endowment funds
- Biomedical research
- Debt retirement
- Private foundations or public charities with 509(a)(3), Type III, Non-Functionally Integrated designation with the IRS.
Grantmaking Program Areas
Saint Luke’s Foundation provides funding in its three strategic program areas. Please click on the links below to learn more:
In addition to these programs, the Foundation allocates a small amount of resources to strengthen the nonprofit sector at large.
Grant Application Deadlines & Resources
Grant Application Deadlines for 2017 Submissions for grant applications over $20,000:
- CYCLE 1:
- Proposal Deadline: April 3, 2017
- Site Visits: May 8-12
- Decision Date: July 13
- CYCLE 2:
- Proposal Deadline: July 5, 2017
- Site Visits: Sept. 6-13
- Decision Date: Oct. 19
- CYCLE 3:
- Proposal Deadline: Oct. 2, 2017
- Site Visits: Oct. 30 – Nov. 3
- Decision Date: Dec. 14
Discretionary grants of $20,000 or less are accepted and approved on a rolling basis. Please contact the appropriate Senior Program Officer prior to submitting an application. Applicants will be notified of a decision within four weeks of submission.
Get Acquainted Meetings
- Only after reviewing the above “Who Can Apply” section, learning about the three grantmaking program areas (click on icons above) and determining if you are a fit, then please contact Angel Johnson to schedule this meeting in advance of submitting an application.
- In lieu of a Letter of Inquiry (LOI), these meetings help determine a fit between the organization and the Foundation.
Review Grant Application Requirements
- Review the questions for the application here, however applications must be submitted in our online system to be considered.
- Required documents will include budget forms using your own format, an organizational chart, your most recent audited financial statements and a current board list.
Submit Online Application
- Login here if you know your login information.
- Please review this PDF for further login instructions.
- If you have any questions or concerns, contact Grants Manager Kristen Summers or at 216-431-8010
- We will site visit most applicants. Please refer to the site visit dates listed in the deadlines.
- The site visit provides Foundation staff and trustees with detailed information for further consideration. Click here for site visit guidelines.
Grant Agreement and Reporting
- If your application is approved, you will be sent an email notifying you that an electronic grant agreement must be signed. Please login to our online grants dashboard to submit this. Once that is submitted, you will receive your first check in a few weeks.
- Your follow-up reporting requirements will be listed in your online grants dashboard with their respective due dates. A reminder email will be sent one month before the due date. Please be sure to submit your reports on time.
- If you have any questions, please contact Grants Manager Kristen Summers or at 216-431-8010.
For questions or technical issues, please contact our Grants Manager, Kristen Summers.