11327 Shaker Blvd.
Cleveland, OH 44104
Overcoming Challenges and Pursuing the
Goals of All Family Members
Senior Program Officer
for Resilient Families
The Resilient Families program strategy aims to change the way that families are supported in overcoming challenges and pursuing the goals they have for all of their
family members. We at the Foundation have been addressing families through three different lenses for a more comprehensive view:
• Communities within which families live, given that the well-being of families is
influenced by and also has the potential to influence the strength of that community.
• Services and systems which can either support or impede the ability of families to overcome challenges and realize their goals.
• Parents and their needs for support in fulfilling their roles as nurturer, educator and provider for their children.
In 2015, we will continue to seek to identify ways to make connections between areas and elements of our strategy work, and also to identify new points of entry for supporting more effective engagement with families. Areas of continuing interest and effort
• Work with Policy Matters Ohio to pursue policy changes in the interest of
• Further convenings of the Parent Leadership Roundtable toward strengthening the network of organizations supporting parent leaders in community change efforts.
• Ongoing work with grantees (and their respective consultants) on developing their capacity for outcomes measurement, and exploring ways to support grantees in
other areas of capacity building.
• Ongoing work to better understand the landscape of providers of parenting supports.
• Further research on two generation models with local potential, and continued learning about use of the Protective Factors Framework to inform local efforts.
Learn how our grantmaking work advances our strategic goals and drives measurable impacts within this program strategy area.
Passages |Ensuring that no child is without a nurturing, engaged and loving father and mother.
Policy Matters Ohio |Creating a more vibrant, equitable, sustainable and inclusive Ohio through research, strategic communications, coalition building and policy advocacy. Strong public policy promotes resilient families. DOWNLOAD CASE STUDY PDF HERE >
Legal Aid Society |Providing legal services for those who are low-income and vulnerable in areas of consumer rights, disability, domestic violence, education, employment, family law, health, housing, foreclosure, immigration, public benefits, utilities and tax. DOWNLOAD CASE STUDY PDF HERE >
Cuyahoga Community College | Saturday Family Academy promotes education, college and career readiness, career and technical training, leadership development, health and wellness, and financial empowerment. DOWNLOAD CASE STUDY PDF HERE >